DISCOVER the NEW Little Dragons program at Glenelg Country School!
Little Dragons is an early learning program developed for children ages 2 to 3 and is licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care. Located on the sprawling, wooded campus of Glenelg Country School, our facility is housed in the Primary School building, with its own entrance and parking for ease and convenience of drop-off and pick-up for families.
LITTLE DRAGON PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
In our Little Dragons program, we cultivate the habits of heart and mind that carry through a lifetime: an appetite for learning, a curiosity about the world, compassion for others, and confidence in individual abilities. We recognize children’s natural curiosity and affinity for learning and encourage them to explore, create, and express themselves.
We accomplish this by creating an environment that supports developmentally-appropriate learning through:
- A higher level of participation.
We promote the development of the whole family as well as the whole child in creating a partnership to support your child’s individualized learning goals.
- Unique programming.
With a focus on hands-on, project-based learning and the Reggio Emilia approach, the Little Dragon program is distinct from other early childhood programs in this region. Your child will have an exceptional educational experience in a program that will lay the foundation for lifelong learning.
- Dynamic learning.
Children will thrive in a nurturing environment that encourages active, hands-on exploration of the world, including physical activity, language, drama, music, science, technology, visual arts, and math concepts (STEAM) to produce capable 21st century learners.
- Idyllic setting.
Indoor and outdoor learning and play are incorporated into to the day to make the most of our 90-acre campus.
- Caring and qualified teachers.
A teaching staff of the highest quality will work your child each day. Degreed teachers work in classrooms with a teacher to student ratio of 1:6.
- Families may opt to either participate in a 10 month program (follows the academic year) or a 12 month program.
- Program is open from 7:30am - 6:00pm each day.
- Children must be 2 years old to attend the 2 year old program.
- Children must be 3 years old by Sept. 1 to attend the 3 year old program.
- One lead classroom teacher with a four-year degree and one teacher’s assistant, plus specialists for art, library, music, physical education and world languages.
- The academic year begins in September and ends in early June.
- Uniforms are not required for students enrolled in the program.
Director of Summer Programs, Director of Little Dragons
Assistant Director of Admission, Primary and Lower Schools
|A Discovery Approach to Learning|
The Little Dragons Program at Glenelg Country School aims to provide a unique learning environment for young children. Our goal will be to tap into the curious and explorative nature of your child through the Reggio Emilia Approach. This document contains helpful information about this unique educational opportunity.