Affording GCS

Click here to apply at

(GCS code is 20037; application fee is $45.00.)

Submit your financial aid application by Jan. 15 for priority consideration.

Let's give your child the best education

At Glenelg Country School, we provide high-quality education in a small class environment. Additionally, diverse academic and extracurricular activities enrich the school experience, and every student is guaranteed personal attention.

Sending your child to Glenelg Country School represents an investment in your child’s future. We understand that choosing our school requires a significant financial commitment. It is our mission to give each student the best learning experience possible, regardless of their socioeconomic status.  

Our budget of $4.3 million for need-based assistance helps approximately 45% of our students in Grades K-12 benefit from the lifelong advantages of a Glenelg Country School education.  

Glenelg Country School Tuition Rates 2021-2022

All programs are 5 days per week.  

Little Dragons (2 - 3 Years Old)  | 9-Month Program
Half-Day Program | 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM $11,735
Full-Day Program | 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM $18,115

Little Dragons (2-3 Years Old) | 12-Month Program
Half-Day Program | 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM $15,095
Full-Day Program | 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM $23,305

School Year
Pre-Kindergarten | 8:15 AM - 3:30 PM $20,550
Kindergarten $23,430
Grades 1-4 $26,310
Grades 5-7 $28,480
Grade 8 $29,470
Grades 9-12 $31,330

How to Apply for a Financial Aid Grant

To apply for a financial aid grant, new applicants must have their enrollment application in by January 15, for priority consideration. Submit an application through Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS), the service used to assess need for all GCS families applying for financial aid.* Grants of up to 50% of tuition may be offered for students entering Kindergarten–Grade 5; larger grants may be offered for Grades 6–12. 

By meeting the January deadline, applicants can expect to receive their financial aid decision at the same time as their admission decision, in mid-February. Applications are welcome beyond January 15, although the availability of financial assistance may result in limited or no funding.

Our financial aid application deadline was January 15 for the coming school year.  Beyond that date, prospective parents are encouraged to contact Karen Wootton, the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, to inquire about available funding prior to submitting a TADS application.

List of 4 items.

  • Important Considerations

    • Most of the School’s operating expenses are funded with tuition dollars, and financial aid is considered an expense.
    • Financial aid grants do not cover full tuition.
    • In addition to family income, many other factors are considered in evaluating need.
    • Both parents are expected to contribute to tuition. If one parent chooses not to work, financial assistance may be adjusted.
  • Merit Scholarships

    The Admission Committee considers all applicants to Grade 9 for a merit scholarship. These are four-year scholarships of $5,000 per year, for a total of $20,000. 

    Merit scholarships are based on middle school academic performance, teacher referrals, and admission testing results. Approximately 10 percent of Grade 9 applicants are granted Merit scholarships.
  • Tuition Payment Options

    At the time of enrollment, a $2,500 non-refundable deposit is required with the submission of the enrollment contract to secure your child’s spot for the following school year.  Many families opt for a monthly payment plan, which spreads the remaining tuition payments out over a period of 5-10 months, depending upon the time of enrollment.  A 60/40 plan is also available, whereby parents pay 60% of the tuition in July (less the enrollment deposit), and the remaining 40% in December.
  • *About Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS)

    *Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) does not provide a source of funding—their role is to provide our Financial Aid Committee with an estimated family contribution (EFC) towards tuition costs. The Financial Aid Committee uses this EFC as a tool in determining an appropriate grant allocation for each student while keeping within an overall financial aid budget established each year.
An independent school serving students from age 2 through grade 12 in Howard County, Maryland.