The Young Alumni Advisory Council (YAAC) is an elected body of former students who have graduated within the last 10 years. This council was created to have an alumni leadership team that will use their perspective as former students to provide GCS with honest feedback and well-researched recommendations to ensure the inclusiveness of the community and development of current dragons.
The council will consist of no more than 15 members who serve rotating two-year terms and are willing to commit to volunteering no less than 40 hours a year.
The YAAC works in collaboration with the Alumni office and GCS faculty and staff on important initiatives, including:
- Representing the interests and concerns of alumni worldwide, while also representing the interests of GCS to its alumni.
- Positively representing GCS in their respective cities.
- Advancing the school's mission, objectives, and programs.
The council seeks to support the mission by developing opportunities to:
- Mentor Middle and Upper School students.
- Host exit interviews for graduating seniors.
- Work with college counseling in supporting programming or talks with seniors about college preparation and provide advice on life after GCS.
- Provide perspective for freshman students on their high school journey.
- Support the Diversity Committee by sharing resources and experiences that enable the GCS community to better students.
- Engage broader alumni in participating in annual GCS traditions.
To apply to join the Young Alumni Advisory Council, please submit an online application
Contact the GCS alumni coordinator for more information at email@example.com